commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] state of DBCP
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:54:45 GMT
On 6/21/06, jerome lacoste <jerome.lacoste@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've submitted a patch some days ago and am waiting for comments (DBCP-175).
>
> In the mean time, I've had a look at the status of DBCP. Some notes:
>
> - no release since 2004
>
> - there are 10+ issues marked UNRESOLVED but with a Resolved status in
> Jira. Could be cleaned up.
>
> - althought I don't have many problems with DBCP myself, I've seen
> issues of various types in Jira: NPEs, leaks, thread related issues,
> class loading issues, equals()/hashcode() issues etc... Pretty scary
> to me :)
>
> So I think it is time to decide what to do next...
>
> Should there be a 1.2.2 release? A 1.3? Who's involved today in DBCP ?

I have been slowly plowing through the issues and have posted a
release plan on the wiki here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/DBCP/1%2e2%2e2ReleasePlan

> I can help triaging those issues, sending patches to fix some of them,
> but I don't want to send patches that will stay in Jira for years.

Please, please keep the patches coming.  I am reviewing the ones you
submitted and will update Jira / apply in the next day or two.  Any
one else interested and knowledgeable of [dbcp] code base, pls chime
in.  Also, pls update the Wiki page to reflect any opinions that you
have on which bugs absolutely must get fixed in 1.2.2.

Thanks!

Phil