commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release FileUpload 1.1.1-RC1
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:26:45 GMT
> On 5/28/06, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
> > In version 1.9 of the changelog-plugin a new option was added that might
> > solve this problem. Add these lines to the project.properties file:
> >
> > maven.changelog.date=lastRelease
> > maven.changelog.type=date
> >
> > The plugin looks in the changes.xml file to find the previous release.
> > Fileupload has such a file so that's good. I tried this on fileupload
> > and the plugin choked because of an unparseable date "2006-05-??", which
> > is the date set for the 1.1.1 release. So I changed that date to "In
> > SVN" and ran maven site again and the plugin correctly picked up
> > "2005-12-24" from the 1.1 release.
>
> This does work, though it means the changes report has In SVN in and
> not the date. Still, I can generate this to get that page and put it
> in later on the main build.
>
> Any objections to that?

Yes its messy and liable to go wrong when you forget to do something
when cutting the actual release. You know that you can override
settings if you have a local "build.properties" file? Better to just
override this locally with the actual date:

maven.changelog.date=2005-12-24

That way you can put the proper release date back into the changes file.

Niall