commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JIRA is b0rged for anonymous users
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:43:42 GMT
Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> just a heads up, but it seems the JIRA is b0rged somehow for anonymous users. Just browse
to a project like SANDBOX when you're not logged in and try to create an issue. JIRA presents
you a combo box with a *very* limited list of available projects. This is quite surprising
and I already recognized users that claim, they will not report any issue anymore, since they
are not able to create a new one.

> - Jörg

I think this is by design. I also believe Bugzilla works in the same way.

Here's a snippet from ASF JIRA frontpage:

"Welcome to Apache's JIRA issue tracker!

Anyone is free to find issues. You must register and login if you want
to create, comment, vote, or watch issues. Only developers can edit,
prioritize, schedule and resolve issues."

--
Dennis Lundberg