commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Release commons-jelly-tags-interaction 1.1
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:33:45 GMT
Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> Regardless of what Jelly has been doing in the past, IMO its a good
> idea to have source distributions for any release, given which one
> would be able to (atleast after meeting certain pre-requisites)
> effectively reproduce the release binaries. Why don't Jelly taglibs
> have accompanying source distros?
As a general wish, I only agree.
In this case both limit in time and the fact that this tag-library is
exactly made of one class tend me to not do so.
> Note we had a similar situation in Jakarta Taglibs which AFAICT has
> since been remedied. Also, a gentle reminder to please tag SVN (as
> previous Jelly releases have done).
Of course tagging was planned. Do you mean I should tag RC1 as well ?
> Since I've not participated in the discussion so far, and wasn't
> around to bring this up earlier for the last three days when the plan
> (below) was posted, I will vote 0. I will also encourage you to leave
> votes open for atleast 72 hours (instead of 36).
The fact that I sent this wish already long ago, with less clarity
indeed, pushes me here. And also, the fact that maven plugin release is
waiting.

paul