commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JCI] GSOC status
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:47:21 GMT
On 19/06/2006 8:45 PM, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> I quite like the pattern of a little bootstrapper so that forking is the
>> same code as usual, just with a bootstrapper that runs the jvm in the
>> middle.
>
> Care to elaborate? ;-)

I couldn't think of much more to explain it than that. Here's an example:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/surefire/trunk/surefire-booter/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/surefire/booter/SurefireBooter.java
command line constructed here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/surefire/trunk/surefire-booter/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/surefire/booter/ForkConfiguration.java

In the booter, look at the main method (which calls runSuitesInProcess),
and the run() method (which either calls runSuitesInProcess, or calls
fork*() which then calls main, which calls runSuitesInProcess). You
don't need to worry about the properties and classloader construction,
there are other ways to pass them around and you probably already
construct those in JCI.

- Brett