commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [chain] Version 1.1 release candidate 1
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:03:31 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> Release candidate 1 for Chain 1,1 is available for review:
> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons-chain/
>
> Release notes for version 1.1 are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons-chain/site/changes-report.html
>
> New version of the chain site:
> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons-chain/site/
>
> All feedback on this release candidate build is welcome.

Niall, three things:

Firstly we might have to revert the groupId change in the project.xml
file. I've done some testing and I'm waiting for some guidance from
Brett on how to proceed.

Secondly, I've tried to build the RC from source using Maven and I get a
test failure in TestContextTestCase. The build still succeeds though.
I'm using Sun JDK 1.4.2_11 on Windows XP Pro, if it is of importance.
Here are the details in the test-report:

Testsuite: org.apache.commons.chain.impl.TestContextTestCase
Tests run: 10, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0,625 sec

Testcase:
testSeriaization(org.apache.commons.chain.impl.TestContextTestCase):
Caused an ERROR
org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ContextBase$1
java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ContextBase$1
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1054)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)
	at java.util.HashMap.writeObject(HashMap.java:986)
	at
	at
	at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:809)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1296)
	at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1247)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1052)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)
	at
org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ContextBaseTestCase.testSeriaization(ContextBaseTestCase.java:367)
	at
	at

Finally, I am not getting the same changelog-report as you do. Are you
using a local project.properties file for this? If so, and that is the
way it should be, then a note about it in xdocs/building.xml would be nice.

--
Dennis Lundberg