commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [site] FAQ css issue
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 18:08:36 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 6/3/06, Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 6/3/06, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> It looks like something weird has happened to the FAQ plugin. The item
>> titles are now showing up as (inoperative) links instead of bold text.
>> Very
>> strange, but I doubt it's anything you've done. ;-)
>
> The jakarta-maven.css file has a couple of bits of css that cause the
> <a name="..."> to be underlined and on hover to have a red background.
> However removing those bits still leave it with a blue background
> part, so there's another piece of css in a file other than that one to
> deal with.
>
> Need to fix the FAQ plugin to output different html, doing <a
> name="aaa">la</a> seems like it isn't going to work with css well.
on
> the anchor can be used to turn the features back off again.

I had a look at the faq plugin and found that this behavior was fixed in
version 1.5 of the plugin. Try it and see what you think. Just add this
to your local project.xml

    <dependency>
       <groupId>maven</groupId>
       <artifactId>maven-faq-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>1.5</version>
       <url>http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/faq/</url>
       <type>plugin</type>
       <properties>
           <comment>
               &lt;strong&gt;Site Only&lt;/strong&gt; - v1.5 (minimum)
               required for building the FileUpload Site documentation.
           </comment>
       </properties>
     </dependency>

Either we add the faq plugin to commons-build/pluginUpdate.txt or we add
a dependency, like above, to the components that use it. There are
currently only 5 components using it.

--
Dennis Lundberg