commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Konstantinov" ...@iu6.ru>
Subject [JCI] GSOC status
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:05:20 GMT
Dear JCI developers,

I'm Google SOC applied student, working on jci. Let's see what I made for
current
moment, fell free to comment and aks questions.

Implementation of support file-based compilers in jci is my main task now.
To example
my approach I implicated support of javac (currently call only). I used
javasist
library to replace file-working classes with my proxis. It's seems this
approch
would work fine for every java-based java compiler. Yep, I know that
javasist is
pretty fat and slow, but it's only technological preview, and I hope
implication
would become more satisfactory in future. And of course, unavailability of
fork-call, remain main problem of this approach.

Support of maven is my second goal. It's pretty simple, and I already
developed
main part of maven plugin. But problem of abstract configuration of
jci-compilers
isn't steal solved. As you know, now every jci-compiler has own
configuration
class, in the other hand we have only one compiler-configuration format in
plexys. So, you can see what shall we aim to.

Peter Konstantinov