commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [*] History of Commons
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 18:34:47 GMT
On 5/3/06, Jennifer Wagner <j.wagner@signsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Did anybody write down the history of Jakarta Commons? I couldn't find
> anything. Because of the charter 1.0 I suppose it started in March 2001.
> The first release I found was made in July 2001 (collections).

Those sound about right.

You might want to peruse the various books that have been written about
Jakarta Commons[1][2][3][4] as well -- they might have some historical notes
in the introductions.  (I haven't read any of them, so don't know for sure.)

Maybe I can get more detailed information, but where?

> Thank you,
> Jennifer

Craig

[1] http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/jakartackbk/