commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site] jakarta-maven.css trouble
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 23:31:06 GMT
On 5/8/06, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> I've fixed a bug in the commons css file which I think fixes this
> problem for commons. However, the httpcomponents site still seems broken :-(
>
> Can anyone else confirm that commons left menus now appear correctly on
> IE for commons?
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/io/index.html
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/index.html

<snip/>

Unfortunately, I still see the old results for the particular
browser/OS configuration below (I did the svn up for /www/j.a.o BTW).
Had a colleague open up jakarta-maven.css in VS.NET, complains:

'max-height' is not a known CSS property name

Then googling, "IE CSS max-height" (without the quotes ofcourse)
yields many confirmations that this won't work in IE, for example long
posts such as this one:

http://www.svendtofte.com/code/max_width_in_ie/

Ofcourse, I very much appreciate the time you've taken to get us off
of the commons-build dependency for site building. I don't have cycles
to dig deeper ATM, but maybe I'll revisit this in a week or two if no
one else beats me to it, since it seems the menus will remain broken
for a sizeable percentage of site visitors until we work around this.

-Rahul

> Stephen
>

> Rahul Akolkar wrote:
<snip/>

> > Here's what I see for [collections] and [io], for example:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~rahul/commons/css-ie/
> >
> > IE 6.0 Win XP SP2. Looks just fine on DeerPark / Opera / Moz / FF.
> >
> > -Rahul

<snap/>