commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernard <...@actrix.gen.nz>
Subject Re: commons-daemon with JVM included in Fedora?
Date Sat, 27 May 2006 08:18:04 GMT
Jean-Frederic

Your suggested solution works without problems so far.

In location.c, I added

    "/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6",          /* gij (GNU libgcj) (Red Hat
4.0.0-8) */

It appears that Red Hat Fedora 4 does not set JAVA_HOME, and the
location of libgcj.so.6 is not in the same directory as the other java
executables so I could not use that.

Who creates a new version if any and when?

Would you be able to explain to me the syntax of the first line in the
file jakarta-commons-daemon.spec?

%define native      %{?_with_native:1}%{!?_with_native:0}

Where can I learn about this syntax?

Where is the syntax of the "define" keyword documented?

What does  "{?" mean?

Is this bash? I looked up "man bash" but there is nothing like "{?"

What does  "{!?" mean?

What does the whole command
"%{?_with_native:1}%{!?_with_native:0}"
mean?