commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <>
Subject Re: [site]Sites for snapshots published
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 21:30:39 GMT
On 5/22/06, robert burrell donkin <> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 20:45 +0200, Oliver Heger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just noticed that recently the sites of some components have been
> > deployed directly from their svn trunk. So the sites refer to snapshot
> > versions (e.g. BeanUtils, Configuration, Math, ...). Was this done by
> > intension?
> yep - i did it. i went through and changed siteAddress then redeployed
> each site.
> please feel free to jump in and redeploy anything that isn't right.
> > It might be confusing for users if the sites describe features that are
> > not contained in the latest releases.
> IMHO it's a trade off. users get to see all the features that are
> available but have to actively search for documentation related to the
> version they have downloaded.
> many components provide link to the released documentation (for example
> though it would probably be
> a good idea to add an indication on the navigation bar that these
> documents apply to the latest code...

That is a best practice that at least [collections], [math] and [lang]
at least all use.  The important thing is to have the javadoc links
correctly labelled in the nav, so users can find "svn latest" or
"x.y-SNAPSHOT" and clearly distinguish this from the latest (and maybe
some previous) release(s).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message