commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [chain] Releasing Chain 1.1?
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 22:49:08 GMT
I plan to do the following (if there are no objections) before trying
to do a Commons Chain release:

1) Fix remaining Checkstyle issues (I've made a start on this)
note: DispatchCommand has 3 protected variables (methods, method and
methodKey) which I plan to make private (method and methodKey have
read/write methods) since it hasn't yet been in a release.

There are quite a few protected instance variables in other (released)
Chain classes. We could deprecate them all in this release, so that
they could be made private in a later version. I don't have a strong
opinion, but would probably be a good idea - if theres a consensus to
do this I don't mind doing the work.

2) Fix CHAIN-29 Remove static Log instances
 http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHAIN-29

3) Implement CHAIN-28 [2] - Provide a Map of Cookies in WebContext Interface
 http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHAIN-28

I'm off on holiday for a week, so I probably won't be responding to
comments on this (or doing any of the above) until after that.

Niall