commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Unifying maven reports?
Date Sat, 20 May 2006 10:08:28 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>> I have also tried to categorize and describe each report,
>> borrowing/stealing a lot from chapter 6 in the new book "Better Builds
>> with Maven".
>
> Why would you want to do that? :D

Oh, I don't know, maybe because it is a great book. It really is very
good Brett. You guys have done an excellent job on it.

>> + checkstyle (code formatting)
>> + pmd/cpd (bugs, code duplication, coding standards)
>
> Agree, and think commons should specify common settings for both (the
> pmd ones might be harder to agree on though, so might vary).

Common setting would be good, but I will not go there just yet. I feel
the flames burning already :)

>> + jdepend (quality metrics)
>
> Unless you really get what it means and use it, I'd leave it out.

This one was put in the list because it is used by most components
today. Do we or our users know what it means?

>> + tasklist (to do list)
>
> You may be able to achieve this with checkstyle instead, this one is
> really just for convenience.

OK, I'll have a look at that then, although I do like the new taglist
plugin for Maven 2.

--
Dennis Lundberg