commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Release tags, was VOTE Release FileUpload 1.1.1-RC1
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 05:38:30 GMT
I pondered it for a while. The tag is of value - it's so we can start
a branch if trunk suddenly becomes untenable. My biggest concern with
Simon's reason was that it encourages read-write tags if we take it
fully.

Ideally we would copy the rc tag to the release tag, modify the rc
bits to the real release and then build a release. Are we happy with
tags being edited like that?

As long as we keep a nice naming scheme, I dont think they clutter
things too much. I'm more irritated when I try to look at the tags for
something like Modeler, lots of different types of tag scheme.

Hen