commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Where do Nightly Builds Come From?
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 21:22:10 GMT
> On 5/29/06, Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 5/29/06, Leo Sutic <leo.sutic@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > how are the nightly builds created?
> >

> > As far as I'm aware, they're still created on Craig's machine, by running
> > 'ant clean dist', and pushed up from there.
>

> That's still the case, although volunteers to move this onto ASF
> infrastructure somewhere would be gratefully accepted!

Brett and I have both dug into it, but getting the machinery has been
a problem. Ideally we'd like a zone to do builds on, but because
builds are very cpu intensive it's not something that is currently
desired.

> What's wierd is that the machine that runs the nightly builds is getting
> timeout errors trying to access Subversion on svn.apache.org ... either
> https style or http style.  I suspect it *might* have something to do with
> my SSH configuration, but at the moment I'm puzzled why it affects this
> machine but no others on my home network.

They recently switched to a new machine, so the obvious ones would be
whether dns is resolving correctly on that machine or is hardcoded in
a hosts, whether it's using ssh protocol 1, whether the change of
machine name has confused it.

Thinking about it though, SSH shouldn't affect using SVN, it's SSL
based not SSH. Same queston on DNS though.

Hen