commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] change group id? [WAS Re: [logging] RC on ibiblio ?]
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 00:27:36 GMT
On 5/13/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 08:51 +0200, Nicolas De Loof wrote:
> > I agree about NOT making non-final jars available on ibiblio (httpclient
> > beeing an exception)
> > So could the next RC be uploaded to
> > http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/ ?
> >
> > Please also consider using the new groupId recommandation for apache
> > commons-X : org.apache.commons.X
>
> should we make this change for the whole of the commons?

Opening this up again.

groupId: org.apache.commons
or
groupId: org.apache.commons.X

??

The M2 repository has a better hierarchical structure, so I'm not sure
we have to worry about jamming X in place.

Here's the m2 repo for my commons-alike testing project:

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/genjava/

I'm thinking a group id of org.apache.commons for each component would
work well.

We've got both logging and collections in need of deployment. Also
need to start putting the javadoc and sources in there too if
possible.

Hen