commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DONE] Re: Bugzilla->Jira migration
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 06:13:45 GMT
On 5/16/06, Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schaible@elsag-solutions.com> wrote:

> Is there any possibility to merge profiles? The import seems to have creates another
user for my
> email address "joerg.schaible@gmx.de". It would be great if such fields as "reporter",
"assignee" or
> the commentators can be adjusted for my real account "joehni" and the created one should
be
> dropped completely. Since I am certainly not the only one, there might be a more automated
> process.

Odd that it created a copy, my understanding was that it used the
email address to see who was who.

I've merged them. Which means:

* Search for users with that email address.
* Delete the unwanted one(s)
* When it says that the unwanted user has issues, click on the list
and do a bulk edit to change the reporter.

Only issue I've hit doing it is that sometimes you don't have
permissions to edit the reporter on that particular project.

Hen