commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <>
Subject Re: [all] change group id? [WAS Re: [logging] RC on ibiblio ?]
Date Sat, 13 May 2006 22:21:57 GMT
On 5/13/06, Dennis Lundberg <> wrote:
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 08:51 +0200, Nicolas De Loof wrote:
> >> I agree about NOT making non-final jars available on ibiblio (httpclient
> >> beeing an exception)
> >> So could the next RC be uploaded to
> >> ?
> >>
> >> Please also consider using the new groupId recommandation for apache
> >> commons-X : org.apache.commons.X
> >
> > should we make this change for the whole of the commons?
> I think we should do it, but I remember that Henri had some reservations
> when this was discussed last time. It had something to do with the local
> Apache repo and where Jakarta artifact should be in that repo. Perhaps
> he can fill us in on that situation.

+1 to making the change.

My only question is whether we use Java package naming
(org.apache.commons) or Apache structure (org.apache.jakarta or
org.apache.jakarta.commons).  I feel that we should be using ACL's on
the maven repository on minotaur such that only a PMC can release
their code onto the maven repository - but there hasn't seemed much
interest in trying to do such.

So I'm fine with org.apache.commons.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: