commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] org.apache.commons.collections in beanutils jar?
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 17:03:33 GMT
Reading up on it (via svn logs etc), the explanation is:

"This package contains a small number of collections classes that are
needed for beanutils to function. The dependencies will be deprecated
in the 1.7.0 release and the need for these classes will be removed in
the future. These classes are identical to those in both 2.x and 3.x
series of commons-collections releases."

The problem is that BeanUtils doesn't look very alive as a component
nowadays, so this temporary inclusion is stretching on for a long
time.

Hen