commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [*] History of Commons
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 16:44:32 GMT
I don't think anythings written down, so the direction would be
personal interviews, svn logs and mailing list history.

CVS/SVN-wise, as I happen to have a log for Commons already created,
the first commits were on the 26th of March 2001 by Craig McClanahan:

r128454 | craigmcc | 2001-03-26 21:33:07 -0800 (Mon, 26 Mar 2001) | 2 lines
Changed paths:
   A /jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk/conf
   A /jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk/conf/MANIFEST.MF
   A /jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk/src/test
   A /jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk/src/test/org
   A /jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk/src/test/org/apache
   A /jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk/src/test/org/apache/commons
   A /jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk/src/test/org/apache/commons/beanutils
   A /jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk/src/test/org/apache/commons/beanutils/PropertyUtilsTestCase.java
   A /jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk/src/test/org/apache/commons/beanutils/TestBean.java

Initial check-in of 'BeanUtils' component.

This was followed a few days later by Morgan Delagrange committing to
the xmlunit component (which never made it out of the sandbox).

Geir Magnusson Jr also committed to BeanUtils in that month.

In case it's of use, here's the log file I've already got prepared. It
lacks the last month of data, and due to the nature of the cvs to
subversion migration, it's not in date order.

http://people.apache.org/~bayard/COMMONS.LOG.gz

Hen