commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] activation and javamail
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 21:57:59 GMT
The source may be released under CDDL, but as far as I can make out,
distribution of the binaries still has the old licence.

For JavaMail 1.4, this includes the following paragraph:

g) you agree to defend and indemnify Sun and its
licensors from and against any damages, costs,
liabilities, settlement amounts and/or expenses
(including attorneys' fees) incurred in connection
with any claim, lawsuit or action by any third party
that arises or results from the use or distribution of
any and all Programs and/or Redistributable.
<<<

Seems potentially rather expensive.

The only JAF download I can find at present is 1.1 Early Release and
not for redistribution.
It even says "3.4 Licensee shall have no right to use the Licensed
Software for productive or commercial use."

Perhaps Sun are in the process if changing the binary licenses, but
that's not yet apparent.

S.