commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "Logging/FrequentlyAskedQuestions" by ScottBurwinkel
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 23:04:06 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by ScottBurwinkel:

The comment on the change is:
Address a common problem encountered when provided a user Log implementation

  The deployment descriptor for the webapp then needs to be updated to specify that the above
class should receive context change callbacks.
  You can find more information on this topic [wiki:Self:Logging/UndeployMemoryLeak here].

+ == I implemented Log, why do I get an exception saying that class is not useable? ==
+ When providing an implementation of the org.apache.commons.logging.Log interface, the implementation
must define a constructor that takes a java.lang.String as an argument. Otherwise you get
an "org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: User-specified log class '...' cannot
be found or is not useable."

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message