commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] commons karma for Jochen Wiedmann
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 22:58:05 GMT
On 5/23/06, robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:

> Jochen Wiedmann (jochen@apache.org) is a pmc'er over in web services
> land. Jochen would like commons karma
> (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-general/200605.mbox/%
> 3c4472E7BD.2080709@gmail.com%3e) to help work on file-upload.

Since when did we start inviting people into Jakarta based on their first
(AFAIK) proposed - and not yet accepted - patch? Has anyone looked at the
patch? I haven't seen any discussion on it, and I know that I'm not going to
have time to look at it until the weekend, long after this vote will have
closed, apparently.

This is nothing personal against Jochen - I don't know him at all - and is
not related to the fact that his contribution is for FileUpload. I'm just
very concerned at how low we're setting the bar these days. I, for one, do
not subscribe to the "Some of the guys over in project X think Fred is OK,
so he must be OK" modus operandum. Are we really saying that we'll allow
other projects to decide on who merits commit access to Jakarta? That's what
Hen appears to be saying, and I object strongly.

--
Martin Cooper

i trust that he'll discuss any plans with the file upload team but i