commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] change group id? [WAS Re: [logging] RC on ibiblio ?]
Date Sat, 13 May 2006 18:30:10 GMT
On 5/13/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 08:51 +0200, Nicolas De Loof wrote:
> > I agree about NOT making non-final jars available on ibiblio (httpclient
> > beeing an exception)
> > So could the next RC be uploaded to
> > http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/ ?
> >
> > Please also consider using the new groupId recommandation for apache
> > commons-X : org.apache.commons.X
>
> should we make this change for the whole of the commons?

I would be in favour of that. The sooner all ASF projects use a consistent
groupId scheme, the better.

how much hassle would this change be for downstream consumers?

Virtually none, as long as we make the change obvious, e.g. by including the
groupId and artifactId in release announcements and download pages, or
somewhere of that sort.

--
Martin Cooper

- robert