commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [site]Sites for snapshots published
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 21:23:00 GMT
On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 20:45 +0200, Oliver Heger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that recently the sites of some components have been
> deployed directly from their svn trunk. So the sites refer to snapshot
> versions (e.g. BeanUtils, Configuration, Math, ...). Was this done by
> intension?

yep - i did it. i went through and changed siteAddress then redeployed
each site.

please feel free to jump in and redeploy anything that isn't right.

> It might be confusing for users if the sites describe features that are
> not contained in the latest releases.

IMHO it's a trade off. users get to see all the features that are
available but have to actively search for documentation related to the
version they have downloaded.

many components provide link to the released documentation (for example
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/) though it would probably be
a good idea to add an indication on the navigation bar that these
documents apply to the latest code...

- robert