commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [all] change group id? [WAS Re: [logging] RC on ibiblio ?]
Date Sun, 14 May 2006 10:29:25 GMT
On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 15:21 -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:#

<snip>

> I feel that we should be using ACL's on
> the maven repository on minotaur such that only a PMC can release
> their code onto the maven repository - but there hasn't seemed much
> interest in trying to do such.

IMHO bit pointless ATM. need to remove shell from the distribution
machine before changes like this are worthwhile. but definitely worth
bringing up again in a month or two.

i've been thinking about using subversion to manage distributions. in
addition to better  ACLs, this would allow scripts to be run that could
verify signatures.

be a good thing to move to henk's system of key management as well.

- robert