commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promote SCXML to Proper
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 06:50:18 GMT
On 4/10/06, Dion Gillard <dion.gillard@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 4/8/06, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I propose, for the second time, that we move [scxml] to Commons
> > > Proper. As a quick reminder, the first vote [1] called three months
> > > ago was -1'ed for lack of developer support.

> > > [ ] +1 Move [scxml] to Commons Proper
> > > [ ] +0 I am fine with this move
> > > [ ] -0 I am not too keen, because ...
> > > [ ] -1 I am against this move, because ...
> >
> > Lots of commons-user activity, lots of code, contributions - the only
> > downside is that all the commits are from rahul. Same problem with the
> > RDC taglib to be fair.
> >
> > I'm +0. I'd love to see scxml promoted, but I'd like to hear a few
> > committers who are committing to following scxml due to interest. If I
>

> I'm committed and interested and following scxml. And not only due to the
> Jexl/el overlap. It's an interesting space atm.

Likewise ... the idea of a nice state machine that can be reused in
different contexts (including Shale, which I do pay attention to :-) is
quite appealing.  The only reason I can't in good conscience vote +1 is *my*
lack of time to participate ... and that is *not* Rahul's fault :-).

hear that people are keeping an eye on it, then I'm +1.

> > Hen

Craig