commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all][SCXML] Whats in the name ...
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:09:12 GMT
On 4/20/06, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> I was half kidding, but now that I think about it, it might not be such a
> bad idea.  The specification is called SCXML.  The Apache implementation of
> it should be distinguished in some way, IMHO.  I mean, the Apache web server
> isn't just called HTTP (although, the daemon is called httpd...hmmmmm). :-)

<snip/>

But we already can distinguish it.

 * EL / Commons EL
 * SCXML / Commons SCXML

If you look through the user archives, the prefix Commons
unambiguously qualifies the implementation. The advantage ofcourse, is
if you google "scxml", the first hits are the W3C document, followed
by the Commons impl. Priceless, IMO. Also, personally I dislike J*,
*4J what have you.

-Rahul