commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <>
Subject Re: [jexl] 1.1 nearing feature completion
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:11:14 GMT
On 4/4/06, Dion Gillard <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Jexl is pretty near to feature complete for the 1.1 release.
> There's an implementation of Script now which allows loading and
> executing scripts from a literal String, a file or a URL.
> The grammar has been completely implemented, and now includes
> assignment, for/while/if statements as well as blocks of code.

Good stuff. I can probably do some downstream testing for Commons
SCXML for the new features such as scripts and static method
invocation (the latter means that the lone checkstyle warning [1] for
scxml will disappear once we move to JEXL 1.1 ;-).

That might take a week or two, and it doesn't make sense for JEXL 1.1
RCs to wait (if you were planning on that sooner).

> If there's something you think could fit in with the 1.1 release, and
> doesn't involve a change of grammar, or slot better into the 2.x
> rearchitecture, please file enhancements/bugs now!
> Thanks,
> Dion

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: