commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [Id, Compress] question about status of the subproject 'Id' and 'Compress'
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:48:36 GMT
Hi Phil,

Phil Steitz wrote on Monday, April 24, 2006 9:43 PM:

> On 4/24/06, Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schaible@elsag-solutions.com> wrote:
>> andreas.engel@daimlerchrysler.com wrote on Monday, April 24, 2006
>> 3:36 PM:
>>
>>> Hello out there,
>>>
>>> i wanted to ask what the status of the two subprojects 'Id' and
>>> Compress' currently are and what tasks will have to be solved to get
>>> them moved into the proper repository.
>>
>> This is the release plan of c-id:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/id/1%2e0ReleasePlan
>>
>> I am currently waiting for some changes Phil wanted to do,
> but apparently he did not found time.
>
> Which are those, exactly?  Sorry, I did not know I was
> holding things up.

The last discussion on CompositeIdentifiers was:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/79496

But I have to admit, that I missed your commit for the ConstantIdentifierGenerator.

Also you stated originally, that you would like to review the UUID package yourself and therefore
I did not touch anything in it. If you're happy with it, I'll continue with the topics on
the release plan, even if I touch the UUID code. Nevertheless I will not start in the next
four weeks because of time constraints.

- Jörg