commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [logging] diagnostics, RC failure in webapp
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 06:17:05 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:14 PM:

> On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 20:48 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Conclusions:
>>
>> There isn't really anything wrong with the current RC8 code, except
>> for the diagnostic message "Foo unusable; did you mean Foo?", and
>> the docs.
>>
>> (Well, there was one bug I spotted by coincidence, where priority
>> field in first commons-logging.properties file was ignored; that's
>> been fixed).
>>
>> I'll update JCL docs to say that tomcat's
>> ${tomcat.home}/bin/commons-logging-api.jar must never be replaced
>> with a "full" jarfile.
>
> +1
>
> probably needs to go in the release notes too

Well, I have the funny situation the other way round! Due to some plugins in Eclipse's DTP
subproject, Eclipse can no longer launch the internal help, that is based on a Tomcat 4.x,
because Log is no longer compatible with Log. I can only get the help running if I use a complete
cl-1.0.4.jar as replacement for the -api version ...

[snip]

- Jörg