commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Jira?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:41:20 GMT
> "And they conquered all of gaul .... really all .... no a small village
> resist ..." ;-)

Hehe ;)

> > ...and I hope that everyone who voted -1 has
> > actually tried to use jira before blocking things
> > for the wrong reasons.
> >
> Yes, the myfaces development team use it - and so do I.
> I cant say that there is a single function I use from jira which is not
> available in bugzilla.
> Sure, such functions exists, but I do not need them.
>
> And no - I dont think these are the wrong reasons ....
>
> If the tool (jira) will be less expensive I'll change my vote to +1. I
> dont think they share their benefit (testing, marketing, etc) with the rest.
> e.g. For those using Intellij IDEA it is much more a boost in
> productivity and cost much less. Same for their update price.

Well, your call ...sounds more like a "-0" too me though.

IMO we should concentrate on functionality first - not the political
statement because jira already *is* being used by the ASF. Who
cares if commons is not.

I am not saying the political discussion is bogus but should
probabaly discussed at a different level.

cheers
--
Torsten