commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] [dbcp] help wanted...hijacking: [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "CommonsPeople" by RoryWinston
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 03:51:45 GMT
> On 4/22/06, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >   === Rory Winston ===
> > >    * '''Active''': Net
> > > -  * '''Interested''': Validator, SCXML, DBCP
> > > +  * '''Interested''': Validator, SCXML, DBCP, Math
> >
> > :-D  feel free to jump in any time!
> >
> > Also, [dbcp] is in real need of help now....
> > See
> > http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/DBCP/1%2e2%2e2ReleasePlan
>
> So I see six issues that need fixing? Two of them with patches.
>
> Any reason for holding back on the ones with patches, 37926 and 35542?
> Painful to write unit tests?

Yes.  And to make sure that there are no untoward side effects.

> Looks like some meaty issues - deadlock etc.

Yes again.  Any ideas on how to effectively write a unit test that
detects a deadlock (obviously, without hanging)?  The bug report for
33912 contains code that can reliably create a deadlock and the
proposed fix eliminates it.  I am not sure the fix is optimal.

Phil