commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira id naming convention for Jakarta projects; WAS Re: [all] Jira?
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:58:40 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 4/28/06, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I think that having a naming scheme is a good idea. From a user
>> standpoint I see no reason for keeping the project ids short (3-4
>> characters). If Jakarta will be sharing the Jira instance with other ASF
>> projects then using a J prefix for Jakarta project should be used, like
>> this:
>> - JLANG
>> - JDIGESTER
>> - JCOLLECTIONS
>> - JHTTPCORE
>
> It does seem to be that there's more interest in the full name than
> the shorter one.
>
> In terms of the J***, we should we be asking infra@ what they want to do.

If infra don't require us to use a prefix then we shouldn't use one.
Keep it as simple as possible, but still readable.

<snip/>

> In terms of ids, obviously one for each project. Do we also want one
> for Commons in general for build and site issues? And I presume we'd
> have a sandbox project.

How about COMMONS for general commons stuff? And perhaps JAKARTA as well.

We could either use SANDBOX for all sandbox components or create one id
for each sandbox component.

--
Dennis Lundberg