commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Jira id naming convention for Jakarta projects; WAS Re: [all] Jira?
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:02:45 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 4/27/06, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Henri Yandell wrote:
>>
>>> Given this positive feedback so far, I'm going to email the infra@
>>> mailing list to see how they would go about doing it _if_ we decided
>>> we wanted to move.
>>>
>>> I think we should be moving from 1 project with 37 components to 37
>>> projects - it'll allow us to manage the components individually of
>>> each other without the kind of version overlap and general noise
>>> issues that we currently have.
>>>
>> Jakarta Http Components just created their first Jira, and they got the
>> name JHCHTTPCORE. Thus this _could_ get caught up in a debate about
>> Jakarta and groupings.
>>

> That's the id-code rather than the name (afaik).
>
> I didn't know that that was being standardised - JHCHTTPCORE is
> terrible, sounds like a sneeze.
>
> Ideally we should use whatever we want, it's not a namespace to fight
> over, just need to be unique.

Henri,

I also find JHCHTTPCORE absolutely horrible. I chose this id as I
thought it would be the most "politically correct" one. I would very
much rather prefer HTTPCORE or JHTTPCORE. Do you envisage a particular
Jira id naming convention for Jakarta projects? At this point it is
still not too late for us to scrap the project and start over with a
different (better) project id.

Oleg