commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [all] Jira?
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:26:54 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Given this positive feedback so far, I'm going to email the infra@
> mailing list to see how they would go about doing it _if_ we decided
> we wanted to move.
>
> I think we should be moving from 1 project with 37 components to 37
> projects - it'll allow us to manage the components individually of
> each other without the kind of version overlap and general noise
> issues that we currently have.

Jakarta Http Components just created their first Jira, and they got the
name JHCHTTPCORE. Thus this _could_ get caught up in a debate about
Jakarta and groupings.

Personally, I'd like to see each component able to move grouping within
Jakarta, thus we should use naming like JAKLANG or JAKARTALANG, rather
than JLCLANG (for Jakarta Language Components).

We also need to be aware that about half the commons websites now have
links tailored to bugzilla, and these links get placed into maven built
distributed projects. Another bit of work to do.

Stephen