commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Jira?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:16:51 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> I know Jelly are on Jira already, and Struts have just moved over to
> Jira. Wondering what the view is nowadays on Commons moving to Jira?
>
> Hen

I've been using Jira a lot over in Maven land and I like it. The visual
appearance is so much more appealing than bugzilla, but its not just
skin - there's substance as well.

If all you ever do is file an issue now and then, then I agree that
there is not that much difference between Jira and Bugzilla. But when
you start to look at release management and road maps, I find Jira
superior to Bugzilla. Just look at all the Release-plans for commons
components on the wiki with hand-edited tables/lists of bugs that needs
to be solved for this and that version. This is handled quite nicely by
the built in functions in Jira.

--
Dennis Lundberg