commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [all] Jira?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:15:47 GMT
Hi!
> I know Jelly are on Jira already, and Struts have just moved over to
> Jira. Wondering what the view is nowadays on Commons moving to Jira?

I am -1 on moving to jira.

I dont understand why we - the open source developers and our users -
should help testing a commercial application.
And given that even for a mid-size company the minimum required license
is the "professional" one - and its update policy - it is a rather
expensive thing.

Also I dont understand whats the great benefit for us - compared to
bugzilla - that we act as a marketing plattform for jira.

Sorry if I completely missed the point. Do not hesitate to correct me.
Ciao,
Mario