commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [fileupload] FileItem.getName() IE prefix
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:49:25 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:
> Should I be quoting examples of where people have suggested enhancements to
> Commons IO that you have claimed are out of scope for that component? I seem
> to remember essentially the same discussion coming up there. Certain methods
> _could_ be added, but were not. Why?

Scope is always a difficult call. [fileupload] is lucky on this front as
its scope is naturally much better defined than [io]'s 'stuff that helps
with io'.

IMHO, this is a repetitive problem that [fileupload] could address
without a big impact and without further scope creep. But I read a -1
between the lines, so I'll stop talking :-)

Stephen