commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [compress] Interface is ready
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:34:48 GMT
I haven't been following this thread closely. However I just took a
quick look at the zip.

The ArchiverType/CompressorType interfaces will be a problem. They
indicate that they must be changed when a new type is added to
[compress]. But commons has pretty strict rules about not changing
interfaces.

Personally, I was also unclear as to the reason why there is a split
between archiver and compressor, but then I don't know the low level of
these APIs that well.

Stephen