commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] RC on ibiblio ?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 23:44:14 GMT
> On 4/5/06, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 4/5/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>
> > wrote:
> > > sadly policy dictates that we can't upload release candidates to ibiblio
> >
> > AFAIK is PMC decision what gets uploaded
>

> No, this is bigger than any individual PMC. Only official releases can be
> deployed outside of ASF infrastructure, meaning that RCs cannot be deployed
> to ibiblio or made available via mirrors.

+1.

>From this I infer:

* If it goes in the maven release repo, it should be available as a
zip/tar.gz too.
* The PMC has to consider it to be an official release.

I think that a beta can be an official release - that's the decision a
PMC would be having to decide upon - but you can't be doing partial
releases (to maven repo only). There are lots of betas and alphas on
the mirrors.

Hen