commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] RC on ibiblio ?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 23:21:50 GMT
On 4/5/06, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
> On 4/5/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > sadly policy dictates that we can't upload release candidates to ibiblio
>
> AFAIK is PMC decision what gets uploaded

Yep. You can't upload snapshots to ibiblio - RC is a vague grey area
and I think it comes down to the lifetime expected of it. HttpClient
has had RC candidates out there for many months at a time (and thus on
ibiblio), with people dependent on them in production etc. Most other
Commons components just use 'RC' to mean a test-build for the real
thing; should never appear in a user product.

So - what does this RC mean? Is there a better name (so as not to
confuse with the general RC usage)?

Hen