commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jawed Nazar Ali" <ja...@spectrum-tech.com>
Subject commons-Upload: FileItem.getName()
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:32:37 GMT
Hello,

FileItem.getName(); function return: file name only when mozilla browser
used and it returns complete path with name when IE is used?

I know this is browser specific functionality, but Don't you think
FileItem.getName() should return only file name regardless of the browser.

I don't understand why this method functions this way? If we are using
standard APIs then method functionality should be standard too.

Please have your say on this post.

Regards,

Jawed Nazar Ali