commons-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Shirley <...@decisionsoft.co.uk>
Subject [cli][patch] parsing option arguments which have a default
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:19:24 GMT
Hi,

I have found a bug in the following scenario:
You have an option which can take a single argument which in turn has a default
value. You supply a value on the command line which is intended to override
this default however as the CommandLine already has a value for this Option,
this second value is not allowed and the command line cannot be parsed.

I have created a patch which adds a method to WritableCommandLine and its Impl
which allows you to retrieve the undefaulted values for an Option. I have then
changed ArgumentImpl to use this method to determine the argument count

Please find attached a patch and a testsuite.

cheers
Andrew Shirley