commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Don Brown" <donald.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [digester] Adding location support
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 02:16:28 GMT
I've created the ticket, completed the code and tests, and it all seems to
be working correctly.  The second unit test on
o.a.c.d.pipeline.LocationTransformerTestCase shows how this would most
likely work in reality.

An application would probably define a Location object that has contains the
source uri, the line number, and the column number.  Then, a Locatable
interface that has a single getter/setter for location, would be defined,
allowing configuration objects to implement it.   Then, either the toString
of Location could be included in the toString of the config object, or
exceptions could manually call pull the location out of the config object
and include its info in its message.  The end result is the location
information is now included in all applicable exceptions and messages.

Looking forward to your feedback,

Don