commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Jira?
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:37:22 GMT
On 4/27/06, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Given this positive feedback so far, I'm going to email the infra@
> > mailing list to see how they would go about doing it _if_ we decided
> > we wanted to move.
> >
> > I think we should be moving from 1 project with 37 components to 37
> > projects - it'll allow us to manage the components individually of
> > each other without the kind of version overlap and general noise
> > issues that we currently have.
>
> Jakarta Http Components just created their first Jira, and they got the
> name JHCHTTPCORE. Thus this _could_ get caught up in a debate about
> Jakarta and groupings.
>
> Personally, I'd like to see each component able to move grouping within
> Jakarta, thus we should use naming like JAKLANG or JAKARTALANG, rather
> than JLCLANG (for Jakarta Language Components).

Another option, now that infra is open, at least to some extent, to multiple
JIRA instances (Struts has its own, for example), is to create a separate
instance for Jakarta. Then you could just have LANG, and forget about
prefixes altogether.

--
Martin Cooper

We also need to be aware that about half the commons websites now have