commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] diagnostics, RC failure in webapp
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:04:10 GMT
On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 19:49 +0200, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> I just tried to build commons-logging trunk with your enhanced diagnostics using JDK
1.4 on Windows XP. The tests won't build because:

> compile.tests:
>      [javac] Compiling 30 source files to G:\apache\jakarta-commons-logging\target\tests
>      [javac] G:\apache\jakarta-commons-logging\src\test\org\apache\commons\logging\PathableClassLoader.java:244:
getResources(java.lang.String) in org.apache
> .commons.logging.PathableClassLoader cannot override getResources(java.lang.String) in
java.lang.ClassLoader; overridden method is final
>      [javac]     public Enumeration getResources(String name) throws IOException {
>      [javac]                        ^
>      [javac] 1 error

Doh! When I created this file many months ago, I described in the class
javadoc that getResources can't be overloaded in java1.4. I just didn't
read my own documentation :-)

Now Fixed. Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,

Simon