commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promote SCXML to Proper
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:13:44 GMT
On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 12:42 -0400, Sandy McArthur wrote:
> -0 because for me, and mentioned by some others, the name "scxml" is
> so opaque. When I look at the name I have no clue what it is. I know
> it's verbose but simply expanding the "SC" to StateChartXML would
> change my mind to full support. (The "StateChartXML" name would be the
> same length as "Configuration".)

+1

i also prefer statechartXML or even commons-statechart

i think that this will also help to attract users: it's not obvious what
scxml means. given that jakarta is very well indexed by google, users
looking for an scxml implementation will find commons-statechart. users
browsing or looking for a general state management tool may not.

- robert