commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promote SCXML to Proper
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:16:43 GMT
On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 23:08 +0100, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Oh, this is a tough one...

> - library-ness - if this were a library that assisted with state
> handling, with an optional ability to read from the scxml format, then
> that might fit better with a commons library style component

an interesting point

i see no reason why a component should be discounted just because it
implements a specification but what we're looking for is a good
component which happen to be useful for a specification. this is
associated with the naming: we're more interested in a good lightweight
state machine library than the fact that it can be loaded from a SCXML
document. stephen's point about the naming is related: the component
should be a lightweight state engine first and foremost. so
commons-state would be more descriptive.

- robert